This is a post dedicated to the wins of life that are so small yet so meaningful. Like a couple of weeks ago when my building’s gas was shut off for some emergency work and then when it came back on, I found myself at a lost to how to relight my oven’s pilot light. I’ve relit the stovetop ones more times than I could count, but K has always been here for the dang oven’s. Except two weeks ago when he had to work late. And I really needed to use the oven.
Z quickly pulled up a how-to on Youtube, and within seconds, that blue light was aflame, and I was beaming like I had just lit the Olympic torch.
Following is a list of gratitude for the little things:
- For the lavender syrup I ordered that makes my tea extra yummy.
- Thomas‘ texts of poetic whimsy.
- Kiki‘s TikTok recommendation to follow Aaron (on Instagram here).
- How excited my Sunday School kids are when I pull out my bag of crafts.
- My hot glue gun and craft sticks which help me prep said crafts.
- Z’s budding talent in cooking.
- This final season of Picard.
- Good veggie tacos.
- Guava juice.
- Advancing in Duolingo.
- You. You reading this right now. Thank you.
- Make a list of ten “little things” that you’re feeling grateful for.