It’s Festivus, and if you don’t know what it is, or need a refresher, watch this:
When I mentioned that I haven’t done any public airing of grievances in 2 years, K encouraged me to do this post. He even gave me the first two points. So I dedicate this list to him and of course, Frank Costanza, the creator of this wonderfully wacky holiday.
- My first grievance is reserved for the very first season of Law & Order: SVU. This may seem like an odd choice, but bear with me. Since this is the 20th season of the NBC drama, over the past two months, I’ve been slowly working my way backwards through the series. And while the post-Stabler/Amaro years were a bit bumpy, and I’m not quite sure what style early Fin was going for (Pimp? Retired Rapper?), the only season that has made me question the whole spin-off is the very first. Since it made it’s debut in 1999, and Law & Order classic was already a well-established Lenny Briscoe-hit for the Peacock Network, I cannot, for the life of me understand why the writing was so weak. Why the many plot holes? Why the spottiness of the whole Law part of the show (even a few guest turns by Angie Harmon didn’t plug that hole)? Why was Michelle Hurd so angry? Why… Cassidy (I have repeatedly asked this whenever Dean Winters has appeared over the years)? The good thing is, Dick Wolf and crew got things together pretty quickly in the coming years, thus the continuing popularity of the show. But still… that season was rough.
- Amazon Prime’s Two Day Shipping is a lie. Oh, it was a thing, a mostly true and pretty dependable thing a few years ago, but then, so was the Presidency.
- Netflix’s axing of Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil. Okay, so not so much Iron Fist. While I get that Disney is starting up their new streaming service, and Netflix wants to focus on their in-house produced stuff, I honestly don’t give a flying fart about any of that. I just wanted to be able to watch my fav Defenders all in one place without having to subscribe to yet another monthly plan. All of those reoccuring $9.99’s add up.
- The cost of living in New Jersey, where I still live. Look at this. Or this. Or this. It’s pretty gross. Why do I still live here?
- Dad sneakers. Eww. Look, my Dad, may he continue to rest in peace, NEVER would’ve worn such hideous footwear. Even I, being fully handicapable and making good use out of a walker, would NOT wear these orthopedic nightmares. Please end this.
Why? (Image source)
Now, I’ll take my seat again. If you would like a turn, comment away. And remember Festivus is indeed, a holiday for the rest of us. For all of us.
Next up, the Feats of Strength!
Share your thoughts